As you know, I am currently undertaking a research on the Caribbean Court of Justice .
THANKS MUCH FOR YOUR KIND PARTICIPATION!
NAME: ( optional)
1. Do you support the establishment of the Caribbean Court of Justice (CCJ)?
a. Yes b. No. c. It doesn’t matter to me.
d. I have never heard of the CCJ
2. If your answer is “It doesn’t matter to me”, why do you say that?
3. If yes, what is your main reason ( chose 1)
a. Symbol of true independence
b. Death penalty issue (Pro - death penalty)
c. Concern for regional integration
d. Development of Caribbean jurisprudence (law)
e. The high cost of Appeals to the Privy Council
f. The judges of the Privy Council do not understand our culture
g. Other ( please state)
4. If no, what is your main reason (chose 1)
a. The cost of establishment and maintenance of the Court is too much.
b. The judges of the Privy Council would render better decisions.
c. The judges in the Caribbean would be biased and could be bribed.
d. The politicians would unduly influence the decisions of the court.
e. Against the death penalty
f. Other ( please state)
5 . Have you ever heard of the “CSME” ?
a. Yes b. No
6. If you have heard of the “ CSME” what does it mean?
7. What effect do you think the CCJ will have on trade in the region ?
a. Increased trade between the islands
b. Increased foreign investment to the region
c. Decreased trade between the islands
d. Decreased trade investments to the region
e. No effect
You may email your answers or cut and paste in the comments section below.
Please remember forward this link to your friends and family.
Thanks much for your co-operation.
DEIDRE S. POWELL